Top Tips for 11+ Success
1 April 2015
As with any exam, there are tricks and techniques that can help you achieve your best. And the 11 plus is no different. Though by no means a guarantee for success, if you follow these you can be confident that you will achieve your potential!
- Start preparation early. Plan how to tackle the familiar question types. Which ones will you find harder? With which are you more familiar?
- Practice as much as possible. After all, practice makes perfect! Get a good idea of the format of the exam and how long you need on each question. This will build your confidence. There is no substitute for hard work!
- Read the questions carefully. The more difficult questions can try to trick you out, so ensure that every single little word has been read! This is the most common problem pupils encounter and reading through a bit more closely can make a big difference.
- Relax. Make sure you get enough sleep the night before. Make sure you have enough time to get to the exam. Try not to worry if you cannot do a question, just take a deep breath and maybe come back to it later.
- Check your answers. Make sure that you have time to check them all at the end.
Most importantly, be excited! This exam can lead you to a new school and a new stage!